We were delighted to welcome Major Events and Logistics Specialist Shaan Dua as guest speaker on Sharifa Wilkinson’s sports event management course.
Currently the Host Country Site Logistics Manager, FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, Shaan spoke to the group about his past and current roles, and what it’s like to work as an international event manager.
Shaan shared examples with the students from his extensive experience across sports, festivals, and cultural events and spoke about the challenges of managing logistics on highly complex events.
Many thanks Shaan for taking the time to support us in developing future talent in the events industry.
Shaan is currently the Host Country Site Logistics Manager, FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, with Qatar's Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy. He is a creative and driven events professional with over 10 years of international experience producing high quality and impressionable event experiences. Shaan loves to work in a fast-paced and impactful organization where he thrives on creative problem solving, logistics and using his ability to manage the full scope of an event. Leading on high profile concerts, festivals, large-scale conventions and global sporting events, he is passionate about the arts, culture, and collaborating to build community through unique event experiences.
Shaan’s journey through the world of events has included:
· Ceremonies Logistics Senior Officer (FIFA World Cup 2022 & FIFA Arab Cup 2021)
· Events Specialist, Toronto Region Board of Trade
· VP Membership, International Live Events Association Toronto Chapter
· Event Coordinator, Yonge-Dundas Square (Large scale festivals & marketing activations)
· Special Projects Coordinator, Fan Expo HQ, Informa Exhibitions
· Events & Programming, L Space Gallery
· Outdoor Programming Assistant, City of Waterloo
· Project Coordinator, Neruda Arts